The Intelligent Data Governance Sales Specialist role is a unique opportunity to lead notable change in a quickly evolving marketplace. This team owns the Hitachi Vantara Data Intelligence portfolio (including Hitachi Content Platform, Hitachi Content Intelligence and HCP Anywhere) and they are acknowledged subject matter experts (SMEs) in high demand by customers requiring help to solve their Digital Transformation challenges. This is the highest growth area of the Hitachi Vantara business and a fantastic opportunity for seasoned new business sales professionals to develop a successful career with innovative, best in class data management solutions.
Responsible for achieving the defined sales targets for their assigned country / territory. They will engage directly with prospective customers and create sales opportunities, leading through to deal closure, acting either as the primary sales representative or in conjunction with the local account manager.
- Acting as the trusted sales lead for opportunities in relation to our Data Intelligence portfolio and working to increase Hitachi Vantara’s wallet share within the assigned territory accounts
- Field and partner sales enablement for Hitachi Vantara’s Application Solutions portfolio
- Acting as an integral part of the sales team, co-creating sales campaigns with Account teams as the Subject Matter Expert on Data Intelligence
- Creating a sales plan for assigned customers and verticals and generating strong pipelines for the portfolio, with a view to meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- Effective pipeline management and forecasting for the territory and ownership of updates on progress to regional leadership
- Effective prioritisation of opportunities & resources to drive deal closure
- Management of complex sales engagements, with the ability to identify key decision makers and build influential relationships
- Ensuring alignment to overall regional sales strategy with responsibility to monitor, measure and communicate progress against agreed goals.
- A business hunter mentality, focused on acquiring net new customers and developing existing accounts, with proven experience in a direct sales function alongside a strong understanding of business development, strategic partnerships and alliances
- Proven track record of closing both tactical and strategic opportunities with experience in applying solution-selling methodologies in enterprise accounts to maximise revenue growth
- Structured approach to account research, leveraging market insight to unearth acquisition accounts, farming the install base and identifying key decision makers and influencers to understand the unique needs of the customer business and map solutions to their challenges
- Existing experience in selling Data Management / Cloud / Software solutions and able to act as the ‘go to’ person for emerging technologies
- Able to map Hitachi Vantara solutions to customer business challenges and sell based on a growing library of business outcome focused references
- Partner with the channel, ISV & Alliance partners to create sales plans and joint solution offerings.
- Superior presentation skills: purposeful structure, crisp content, actionable delivery both in one to one situations and presenting to larger audience/li>
- Able to work seamlessly in both direct and virtual matrixed environments, maintaining good rapport and demonstrating leadership and teamwork in cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a collaborative approach and demonstrable analytical capability
- Bachelor or Master degree education preferred but not essential
- Able to travel extensively across the territory
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let’s lead the way to extraordinary