Converged Infrastructure is one of the key focus areas for Hitachi Vantara and forms the cornerstone for our Application Solutions offerings for customers implementing technology from market leading ISVs such as Oracle, SAP & Vmware.
The Application Solutions Sales Specialist is responsible for managing this area of the business across their assigned Critical Mass Territory (CMT). The candidate will leverage their experience of Converged Infrastructure solution sales to take a proactive approach in driving Hitachi Vantara’s growth in this key market. Success will be measured through development of solution pipeline, tactical execution of initiatives, strategic wins, and revenue target attainment.
Although this role is supported by in-depth technical specialists, the candidate needs to demonstrate a reasonable depth of understanding of data centre infrastructure, industry trends & application solutions. A background in working with, and an understanding of, one of the key focus ISVs (Oracle, SAP, VMware) would be highly beneficial.
- Acting as the trusted sales lead for opportunities in relation to our Application Solutions portfolio and working to increase Hitachi Vantara’s wallet share within the assigned territory accounts
- Field and partner sales enablement for Hitachi Vantara’s Application Solutions portfolio
- Acting as an integral part of the sales team, co-creating sales campaigns with Account teams as the Subject Matter Expert on Application & Cloud Solutions
- Creating a sales plan for assigned customers and verticals and generating strong pipelines for the portfolio, with a view to meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- Effective pipeline management and forecasting for the territory and ownership of updates on progress to regional leadership
- Effective prioritisation of opportunities & resources to drive deal closure
- Management of complex sales engagements, with the ability to identify key decision makers and build influential relationships
- Ensuring alignment to overall regional sales strategy with responsibility to monitor, measure and communicate progress against agreed goals.
- A business hunter mentality, focused on acquiring net new customers and developing existing accounts, with proven experience in a direct sales function alongside a strong understanding of business development, strategic partnerships and alliances
- Proven track record of closing both tactical and strategic opportunities with experience in applying solution-selling methodologies in enterprise accounts to maximise revenue growth
- Existing experience in selling Data Management / Cloud / Software solutions and able to act as the ‘go to’ person for emerging technologies
- Structured approach to account research, leveraging market insight to unearth acquisition accounts, farming the install base and identifying key decision makers and influencers to understand the unique needs of the customer business and map solutions to their challenges
- Able to map Hitachi Vantara solutions to customer business challenges and sell based on a growing library of business outcome focused references
- Ability to work collaboratively, across all functions and throughout the company, with strong relationship and networking skills at all levels
- Ability to partner with the channel, ISV and Alliance partners to create sales plans and joint solution offerings.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, comfortable with presenting ideas to groups and capable of motivating both real and virtual teams
- Superior presentation skills: purposeful structure, crisp content, actionable delivery both in one to one situations and presenting to larger audience/li>
- Able to work seamlessly in both direct and virtual matrixed environments, maintaining good rapport and demonstrating leadership and teamwork in cross-functional teams
- Bachelor or Master degree education preferred but not essential
- Able to travel extensively across the territory
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let’s lead the way to extraordinary